• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget Transatlantic flights
This is for both Sowon and myself (and other Europeans mainly) as well as Americans! Up till now the transatlantic skies have been dominated by the giants of air travel, costing the average passenger more than 200 pounds for a one way journey *for those travelling from the UK. Business rates are even higher.

Because of an agreement between the US and Europe to open up the transatlantic skies - the "Open Skies" agreement - the 'giants' (for England its BA and Virgin) will no longer have a monopoly (or oligopoly?) and new airlines are fervently setting up plans for this new route.

The list includes companies suchas Zoom Air (http://www.flyzoom.com) who have announced that their service will start from the end of June, where the cost of a one way journey will start from 129 pounds.

Ryanair are quoting even (ridiculous?) cheaper prices - at under 10 pounds for one way! Except in this case they will be flying to secondary airports. No real plans have been announced though and I don't see this as financially viable.

Rumour has it that Oasis (the 'budget' airline between Hong Kong and the UK) will also want to join in as well.

This means.... that it will make it so much more affordable to travel to the US for Back-on concerts Tongue However, there is the impact of many more planes in the skies, which is supposed to leave an even bigger carbon footprint and have an adverse effect on the environment.

What do you think?
that'd be awesome! im for cheap airfare (though wat is the conversion rate for pounds to dollars?)
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
At the moment the rate is almost 2:1 (2 USD : 1GBP) but it hasn't broken this barrier yet I think... could check with Sowon ^^ I think it will work the other way as well so people in the US can visit Europe more easily.
i would love to visit europe (just got a new passport so its blank rite now...)!
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
I'd like to visit America as well... so many places to go in just the one country ^^
yup yup! and if u do make sure to stop by here in houston!
Hehe I'll make sure I do - esp. if its in time for a convention ^^
yup lets hang out (lol i read ur post in back-on's website and teeda replied to urs saying if they go to england that he'd hang w/ u! wouldnt dat be awesome?)!
Blush I'd aalmost forgotten it was there muchless someone finding it ^^ I hope so hehe - but he does say that a few times so hope there's still a chance since I *appear* to be the only UK person :p
yup yup!