• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone currently learning Japanese?
Hey guys! I recently started to teach myself Japanese from a book I bought that focuses on conversational Japanese. I was just wondering who else is currently learning it and I'd like to know also what you are using?

Also if someone, say through chat or IM, could help me out and try and teach me a few words / phrases/ verbs / anything at all haha.

Thanks in advance.
Biiru o nomimasu!
lesboys22 Wrote:Hey guys! I recently started to teach myself Japanese from a book I bought that focuses on conversational Japanese. I was just wondering who else is currently learning it and I'd like to know also what you are using?

Also if someone, say through chat or IM, could help me out and try and teach me a few words / phrases/ verbs / anything at all haha.

Thanks in advance.

i'm learning as well. i got mine from the internet so if you want to chat about japanese things, i'm right here ^_^
[Image: tsubamelove.jpg]
thank you soundex for making this for me ^_^
saa i think most of the members are trying to learn japanese including me.
i had a japanese teacher in fifth grade for like the second half of the year i believe her name was Yoko Kodama *sniff* (i wonder how she is doing/where she is now?)
now days i'm teching my self using "Japanese for dummies"Tongue and some other books i found. i used to use the internet, had a hell of a site too, but lost the website

aoi=blue; in some cases is green (like "aoi kusa"=green grass)
...sama= used for someone you respect alot; also translate like: aoi-sama= Lord Aoi

i'll post some usefull words later, ones you may or may not know
also i'd like to know what gomen means some of you guys say it and i here it on Gaku-ten ("Gomen nasai")
Hey,

Thanks. my book already taught me those. Tongue I know the basics like numbers, colors, directions, and the like. I am beginning to learn verbs and form setences.

Also, Gomen Nasai means: "I'm sorry"
Biiru o nomimasu!
I'm learning through school classes and I'm studying outside of school with my Kanji book and the Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar. The dictionary is a great book as it goes into particles and grammar rules and shows you the differences of similiar particles, if that makes any sense. Like ageru and morau both mean to give but for ageru you can't be the recipient. You would use ageru for sentences like Watashi wa Ami ni hana o ageta (I gave Ami flowers). Or Boku (a male term) wa Haruko-san wa o nagusamete ageta (I consoled Haruko). While for morau, the subject receives the benefit. (Watashi wa) haha ni hon o katte moratta (my mother bought me a book).

I hope that wasn't too confusing... Though I didn't get through the entire book I got to use what I learned in Japan.
sugoi Rynn is currently in Japan and give us great lessons thx Rynn-sensei !!!
thx for clarifing that ( I didn't understand this grammar point !!) and there is also the complicated difference between wa and ga *boku wa gakusei desu* boku ga gakusei desu* ^^ # I never remember the exact difference !
Away
RYNNN! Big Grin I agree with Sowon - Japanese lessons from Rynn-sensei whilst she is in Japan! ^^ And a really useful lessons too~ I really have difficulty with the giving/receiving part as I never remember who's the recipient. For the wa and ga raised by Sowon *Flick ish completely lost*

aoi-sama Wrote:aoi=blue; in some cases is green (like "aoi kusa"=green grass)
Didn't know it became green when used with kusa! Smile

lesboys22 Wrote:Thanks. my book already taught me those. Tongue I know the basics like numbers, colors, directions, and the like. I am beginning to learn verbs and form setences.

Hope it's going well! As Aoi said, most of us are doing some form of Japanese learning one way or another, although one (ala... me) is a slow learner >_<
"Wa" is used when the topic of the sentence is emphasised and "Ga" is used when it is not emphasised.
Biiru o nomimasu!
Yeah,it took me forver to figure out sentence structure.
[Image: tsubamelove.jpg]
thank you soundex for making this for me ^_^
As far as I know Ga is used when describing the subject or when the subject is being introduced. Wa is the topic marker while Ga is the subject marker. For an example: I was eating my dinner while Tsutsui-san walked in. It would be: Watashi wa gohan o tabete iru aida Tsutsui-san ga kita. Ga in that sentence would put the emphasize on Tsutsui-san because he walked in.