• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University and College
ano....i don't think so. Unless it's only for a specific college, you don't get into the actual classes you major in until second year.....i think....
(\ /)
(o.o) - ...I'm gonna eat you
c(")(")
Guess who has a myspace --> Me!
Guess who has a facebook --> Me again!
I think it's quite good that way since it helps people get used to university life? Smile We have to apply for the course when we apply for university.

(splitting thread)

EDIT: Meh, seems I missed out on a few posts from the other thread, but will post a link to this one! Gomen >_<
yay. now i know where to go when i have a question about college life. >.> I'm going to be here alot during my senior high school year and during my college freshman year.
(\ /)
c(")(")
Glad you'll be here! ^^
Flick Wrote:Scholarships sound great! Big Grin I've read/heard that American universities are expensive, so scholarships really really help!

Tis why I'm seriously thinking about attending University in the UK! Most of the Universities here in the states that I want to apply to are $30K-$40 per year and its expected to go up. My teachers claim there is no reason for us not to be able to afford college but no matter how much financial aid you get, its still ridiculous to pay that much for one year. Who do they think we are?!?!
ichiban Wrote:oh college college college.... in 3 yrs.... still a long time off but we do need to start doing our research ookami...

I'm going to be a Senior this year so I going to start applying soon. I mean I have a good idea of where I want to go but I don't know what I'm going to take therefore I'm not sure which school to attend. College board is a good place to start but the only international universities they have information about are like UNIV of Toronto and McGill.

ookami Wrote:yea yea, I know. I just hope I won't pick a college I'll regret going to. you know the whole failed out of class, no friends, etc.

I'd do a college visit but all of the schools I want to go to are at opposite ends of the country and some are out of the country... But most of my good friends are applying to American in DC so maybe I'll have friends with me there.
Flick, how is school in the UK? I'm considering applying to Kings and Manchester but I only know as much as the websites can provide me? How is London and have you been up to Manchester? Are there any other schools you would recommend? I understand that London is expensive but would it drown me with debt? I've also heard some stuff about Edinburgh and Wales and what do you think? Please pardon my number of questions...please and thank you.
Rynn Wrote:Tis why I'm seriously thinking about attending University in the UK! Most of the Universities here in the states that I want to apply to are $30K-$40 per year and its expected to go up. My teachers claim there is no reason for us not to be able to afford college but no matter how much financial aid you get, its still ridiculous to pay that much for one year. Who do they think we are?!?!

International students are paying quite alot in England too actually, alot more than home students, and the fee excludes accommodation. There are a few bursaries/scholarships for international students, but alas they don't cover too much of the cost... but it would be great if you did come to England Big Grin

Rynn Wrote:Flick, how is school in the UK? I'm considering applying to Kings and Manchester but I only know as much as the websites can provide me? How is London and have you been up to Manchester? Are there any other schools you would recommend? I understand that London is expensive but would it drown me with debt? I've also heard some stuff about Edinburgh and Wales and what do you think? Please pardon my number of questions...please and thank you.

No worries about the question, I really hope Ican help Big Grin Do you know what you're goingto apply for? As you know already, you'll have to choose a particular subject when applying for universities in England. I've never been to Manchester but the University is supposed to be quite good. King's is more established though (ie. has been around longer) but each university has its strengths so a short list of subjects would really help!
Unfortunately I don't know too much about Scottish or Welsh universities, but Edinburgh is definitely one of the better ones. There are several in Wales although they aren't as famous.
Wow. Now i'm considering going to England for college. Anything for a Software Engineer?
(\ /)
c(")(")
Flick Wrote:International students are paying quite alot in England too actually, alot more than home students, and the fee excludes accommodation. There are a few bursaries/scholarships for international students, but alas they don't cover too much of the cost... but it would be great if you did come to England Big Grin

It'd still be cheaper since its three years compared to four over here and wouldn't go down after the first year(?) Plus I know that sometimes EU citizens pay as much as a UK citizen. So if Turkey makes it into the EU sometime while I'm there the price will go down. Though its unlikely that would happen so soon, you never know Wink