Last updated: April 19th 2012
Bio: Married Japanese pop-star KODA KUMI on December 29th 2011.
Otherwise to be continued, but you should know that Kenji03 is one of the main creative forces behind the band. He has also featured in a magazine or two in his own right. So far, we’ve gathered that his official bio describes his music as ‘catchy’.
- Ginza Curry appears to be the curry found in the Ginza district of Tokyo rather than a type of ginger.
- The official website describes Kenji03 as
With a huge thanks to Grace, it seems that this says something like “sharp, while at the same time catchy” – sharp in the sense of satirical or sarcastic – and “the kind of person who gestures or uses body language to drag out a moment”.
DOB: December 28th 1984
Blood type: A
Star sign: Capricorn
Favourite Artists: Kotton Mouth Kings, Crazy Town, Zodak, Insolence, P.O.D, Shaka Zombie/ Shakka Zombie.
Favourite (Art/Manga) Artists : Mister Cartoon, つの丸 (Tsuno Maru), 井上雄彦 (Inoue Takehiko), 鳥山明 (Toriyama Akira), 増田こうすけ (Masuda Kosuke)
Bio: To be continued, but you should know that Teeda is also one of the main creative forces behind the band. From the ‘official description’ translation (again, Babelfish) Teeda handles the artwork for the band, including the design of their CDs.
- It took a little while for me to compile the links for Teeda’s favourite artists due to some mis-spelling. For instance, Mr. Cartoo is actually Mister. Cartoon, a Mexican-American tattoo and graffiti artist.
- Teeda’s list of ‘favourite artists’ also included manga artists, which isn’t surprising if you consider that he’s behind Back-on’s artwork.
Bio: To be continued… but you should know that he is the (notoriously?) quiet band member with few words. Shu is also described as having a fountain of musical knowledge and that his passion for music is evident from his guitar playing. Comments:
- It’s a little difficult to find information on Back-on’s main guitarist, but that’s alright, really, as even the official profile bio acknowledges that Shu is a ‘mysterious guy‘ (in katakana ミステリアス・ガイ, which means they were going for the phonetic sound in English)
Blog : N/A
Bio: To be continued… but you should know that Gori’s bass playing is described as groovy, melodious and aggressive.
- Jin is listed as one of Gori’s favourite artists, but with quite little information to go by, I’ve linked it to the rapper, Jin’s profile rather than the Japanese j-pop band, Jinn. The official website lists ‘Jin-kun’ whilst their Myspace just lists ‘Jin’.
- The second half of Gori’s official bio mentions something about his character being popular, but I can’t confirm this yet, but for reference, the original Japanese: そのキャラが癒し系的な人気. With many thanks to Grace for confirming that this says “having a refreshing personality that makes him popular”.
- Gori’s official profile bio also uses katakana for adjectives such as groovy (グルーヴィー), aggressive (グルーヴィー), melodious (メロディアス).
- His official blog has actually changed it’s title to something like ‘Gori-san’s psychedelic story ☆‘ from what appears to be ‘Gori’s Room of Notes‘. There is one kanji character that he uses which throws me off abit, in case you need a reference, here’s the Japanese title: ゴリさんのサイケデリック肥story☆.
BACK-ON’s previous members include two drummers:
- Macchin, who left the band on December 14th 2006.
- Icchan, who left the band in November 2011
DOB: October 2nd 1985
Blood type: B
Star sign: Libra
Favourite Food: Any food eaten with family and friends, food cooked by his father, egg roll sushi.
Favourite Artists: Toto, Earth, Wind & Fire, Dreams Come True, Bennie K, m-flo, Black Eyed Peas.
Bio: Editing in progress.
- Editing in progress.
Blog : Official Blog – ICCHAN
DOB: October 3rd 1977
Star sign: Libra
Bio: To be continued…
- Macchin is pronounced as ‘Mack chin ‘.
- Macchin is the oldest of all the band members, and is a friend of Kenji03′s older brother.
Blog : N/A