• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compulsory registration field for new users - questions?
Due to the recent influx of suspect spam accounts (also discussed on the MyBB forums) I am thinking of implementing an extra 'field' for new users to complete during registration.

The question would simply be something like 'What is the name of Air Gear's main theme song by BACK-ON?' and they would have to fill in variations of 'Chain' (e.g. chain, CHAIN etc.) and this would hopefully minimise the number of rogue accounts.

It would be really helpful to have some suggested questions that we could use and rotate every few months from BOO members, which could be answered easily by potential/existing BACK-ON fans, so any help here would be really appreciated! Thumbup
That should do.
After all, every real back-on fan SHOULD know Chain.. I guess.

or use the good ol' CAPTCHA thingy
[Image: ehlx6p.png]
maybe you could ask for the names of the band members? like who is the bands current drummer?
[Image: 317849g.jpg]
HE and THIS SIG ARE MINE!!!!!
(11-16-2009, 11:33 AM)Edward Wrote: maybe you could ask for the names of the band members? like who is the bands current drummer?
Most people knows BACK-ON for the Air Gear anime... or Eyeshield 21 anime :\ those "so called fans" come here wishing to know more about this band so... it's kinda a "rough question" to make.

I guess the questions shouldn't be around BACK-ON. Instead, should be something of general knowledge. Like mathematics. or something common.
[Image: oRHRbtl.jpg]
• Facebook: @MineCruzado
• Twitter: @AquastormLAS
isn't the whole point of the questions to weed out the true fans????
well i think people sign up/come here to become true fans..
so they wouldn't necessarily know the answers to these questions..
though they could probably go to the wiki page for simple answers
[Image: 28vuoad.jpg]
hum, then we should....... put up the some kind of code all around the original site, and then get them to find it Big Grin only a true fan would waste that kind of time
what's your obsession with true fans... D:
you're creeping me out, Ed.
[Image: oRHRbtl.jpg]
• Facebook: @MineCruzado
• Twitter: @AquastormLAS
yes, im turning into a snobby higherclassmen who believes that only true fans should be allowed to live, mmhm, totally
"WHAT IS KENJI's REAL FULL NAME???"

that kind of question??
[Image: 13667837456407678799.jpg]

credits to: myself and Kenji's voice