• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Gigantic BACK-ON FanBook Project - Planning
Flick! we should make a list and how many are going to work on it. Furthermore the details on "how".

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents...but I suggest a digital version. It's best when you have an "overal theme" like "BACK-ON fans around the world" which is like a red line through the entire book(total style). In a book you have a left and right side. You could make a spread page(2 pages) for the back-on page, but you can also use the left page to "explain" something about the creator of the next page(since it's fans over the world how about an explanation about the place the fan lives in? we got fans from france, america, asia, the netherlands etc. Would be interesting and cool at the same time).

For the book it would be usefull to create a (searching for words--processing--) template. In this template you can "load" the pictures. So in base every page has the same theme but the content is different, like in magazines. It makes sure that it won't be a rag and it looks very proffesional. Besides you can easily load text, pictures, pdf, tiff etc. in it. automatic page numbering etc. different style fonts. effects etc.

Furthermore to get it printed they always want a digital version (at least in the netherlands) so you just give the file and they print and perhaps bind it. I don't know how many pages it is but if you get around 50 pages methinks the total costs for printing and binding will be between 40-65 euro..dunno how that's arranged in england or anywhere else (the pond is still (and will always be ) weak against the euro. The cover is a different story and methinks everyone should have a chance for that and should definetly throw in their designs. In the end you might end up with a mix which totals BOO.

For those who don't understand..ask! I've created magazine articles, multiple thesis(for universities, boring stuff though Tongue) and even a book about how to create a thesis (next to all my graphic design work). I've worked for a half year in a big printing office, I know the drill on how to make a book look good.

yes long story, but on dutch boards this is like "half" the length of my average reactions..yes i'm popular and hated there ^^
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Gigantic BACK-ON FanBook Project - Planning - by Dean - 07-19-2009, 08:10 PM
RE: The Gigantic BACK-ON FanBook Project - Planning - by smallfish - 03-12-2011, 06:06 PM