• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Gigantic BACK-ON FanBook Project - Planning
the extra cd/media and fanart sounds good to me =)

thats a bummer on the p.o. box. it would've been pretty handy for this purpose and anything else in the future!

so the A4 sizing... still not completely sure about this one as far as length and width of the page.
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
ooooo we could have random comic strips we could make together
A4 is pretty much standard across the globe...except in america which use a Letter format which is slightly bigger than A4. My say is for A4.
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"
i dont think i use A4 for some reason, i have A4 paper, but my computer programs dont use it
they do edward Wink
i mean, their original settings aren't on A4
Is it possible to do something on Photoshop or is paper version the only way? (Or am I coming too late to be part of the project? Why)
@SpydR: Not too late at all! Big Grin I think we will welcome both Photoshop/paper versions - is this known as mixed something/media/? - so people have the option of scanning or posting their creation ^^

@ichi: Tis' a bit of a bummer but either way will endeavour to sort out an address!

@Edward & Dean: Going to be so direct here: Does this mean you might be willing to volunteer to work on the comics side of things?

Regarding A4 - I believe this is a setting that can be chosen in Word/Photoshop. Jist wondering though: what is the standard size setting used in the US/Canada?

I think for the media part - it can be anything audio - singing, or a little tune on an instrument, or maybe that audio greeting. What do you all think?

By the way, not sure if you have all ever seen The Devil Wears Prada, but I'd love the fanbook to be something like the Runway mockup when BACK-ON open it up :p

Did we all agree on the cover work or something?
@ Flick

Yeah i'm volunteering on the comic side. Still looking if i got time for the special...that's up to time if it's going to be september or december.

The settings for US/Canada is "letter". Which is 8,5 by 11 inch.
I'm still hoping for the September deadline - maybe we can do the mini fanbook first with individual contributions for September and then the group collaborations in time for December? It would still be lovely to have some comics though ^^ Thanks muchly, Dean!

Ooh, I didn't know it was 8.5 x 11 = I looked up the difference and it seems Letter size is slightly wider but shorter (or A4 is slightly thinner but longer) - is it easy for ichi and others in America to get hold of an A4 size?

p/s: I've been looking at this site for some inspiration: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/06/...-booklets/ and am liking e.g. this one for a group holding hands or fold out concept:

I think it was Dean who suggested having a thread that would go through every page, and it's been done with this particular brochure:

And one of the ways we could 'colour' code the group collaboration work is like this:

Popups are lovely too! ^^