• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Gigantic BACK-ON FanBook Project - Planning
Big Grin 
This project stemmed originally from a discussion that grew from a post regarding BACK-ON's fanmail postal address, and with thanks to Edward for thinking up the idea, it seemed like a good time to start our:

Gigantic BACK-ON FanBook Project

The idea is that each fan creates their very own 'fanpage', which will then be posted to destination 'x' (well, a human being) to be made into a BIG/GIGANTIC FANBOOK to give/send to BACK-ON from our fan forums!

Wee We have two deadlines in mind at present: one in time for BACK-ON's European debut in Germany in mid September (and with thanks to ookami for the reminder: Kenji03's birthday) to be presented in person - and one for Christmas - to be sent as a 'gift' to Japan!

It would be good to find out what you think; so far the initial brainstorming has thrown up some random ideas (the best ones from Edward and very, very occasionally myself) including:
  • Roping in our 'pros' to do fab cover artwork (they shalt remain mysteriously un-named at present)
  • Fanbook will be A4 in size
  • Have two fanbooks - one mini one in time for September (and Kenji03) and one gigantic one for the Christmas season
  • Have some sort of theme or guideline for people to work towards
  • Paper versions > digital versions

So the purpose of this thread is to find out what everyone's thoughts about how we should go about this project -the logistics, the guidelines, if/what theme.

Please let us know by replying! Sparklies

Any ideas or comments or suggestions are welcome as ultimately, this *is* our community project, and therefore feedback is all important. Don't worry if you think your idea might seem stupid or silly, as it is probably something that no one else thought about and would love! Lovelove This is what the planning and brainstorming thread is for!
You know my answer to this! xD
I Would Love Love To Be A Part Of This!!Fangirl/boy nosebleedFangirl/boy nosebleed I <3<3 Teeda From Back-On.LoveloveLovelove
I'm A Teeda From Back-On FanGirl & I'll Always Be A Teeda From Back-On FanGirl.
Yes! my name is mentioned! i feel special! although these aren't really suggestions....
we could.......... make a bunch of i unno....... (really hard to come up with suggestions to somthing you already brainstormed om)..... ummm fan comics?
yes i´m in. I was thinking to draw them, anime/normal style so I need some pics from them in cool clothing (yeah I'm a dude so I don't collect photo's in my laptop, well apart from well..hmm nevermind). Does anyone have their logo in vector?

@ Edward

If you got a story we can work things out. Although a comic does take a lot of time. Nevertheless(this word rules...baldur's gate style) a good idea.

If you need any help I'm a fully fledged graphic designer. I already got my 4th article design coming up for Aniway magazine Big Grin(dutch magazine about anime,j-pop and japanese culture with around 3000 members, Still tryin to get them to tell about back-on)
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"
YAY! Big Grin Thanks to the peeps who have replied so far ~ I think it will be a fantastic project and it will be group effort.

Go Edward!

Brainstorming FTW! I love the idea of the fan comic ^^ The fanbook would be amazing with this unique content as well as individual messages/pages. Perhaps we can also include Dean's main comic too (with the next instalment in the next fanbook :p)

I've been skulking around Google for some other 'fandom' fanbook samples (just to get an idea) and one of them allowed content like:
  • Fanart/artwork
  • Letters/messages
  • Small gifts (candy, stickers, pins/badges etc.)
  • Postcards

I wasn't sure about the 'small gifts' part but everything else sounded doable.

Hopefully Sesshy and Dean won't mind overseeing quite a lot of the artworky side of things, since frankly - you all know my experience in such matters.Sparklies

p/s: One fanbook that I thought looked quite awesome was done by Utada.com.br (Brazilian Utada Hikaru Fans) and you can see a few shots of it here:
http://alvycunha.wordpress.com/2009/03/2...ra-part-1/

What do you think of having it all ring bound like that?

p/s2: Not sure if I have the logo as a vector image, but I might have some sort of image stashed away. Sesshy may be able to help here.
That's a great project! I like the artwork done for the Utada Hikaru fanbook, it looks nice!
(07-16-2009, 08:12 AM)Flick Wrote: YAY! Big Grin Thanks to the peeps who have replied so far ~ I think it will be a fantastic project and it will be group effort.

Go Edward!

Brainstorming FTW! I love the idea of the fan comic ^^ The fanbook would be amazing with this unique content as well as individual messages/pages. Perhaps we can also include Dean's main comic too (with the next instalment in the next fanbook :p)

I've been skulking around Google for some other 'fandom' fanbook samples (just to get an idea) and one of them allowed content like:
  • Fanart/artwork
  • Letters/messages
  • Small gifts (candy, stickers, pins/badges etc.)
  • Postcards

I wasn't sure about the 'small gifts' part but everything else sounded doable.

Hopefully Sesshy and Dean won't mind overseeing quite a lot of the artworky side of things, since frankly - you all know my experience in such matters.Sparklies

p/s: One fanbook that I thought looked quite awesome was done by Utada.com.br (Brazilian Utada Hikaru Fans) and you can see a few shots of it here:
http://alvycunha.wordpress.com/2009/03/2...ra-part-1/

What do you think of having it all ring bound like that?

p/s2: Not sure if I have the logo as a vector image, but I might have some sort of image stashed away. Sesshy may be able to help here.

I Could Send Teeda-San Something If Only I Knew What He Likes.Benkyou
Wow That's So Awsome!!Smile
I'm A Teeda From Back-On FanGirl & I'll Always Be A Teeda From Back-On FanGirl.
I'm in!! I really like the idea of a paper version just because you can really have a lot of control over it and for those of us who aren't as photoshop savy, its much easier.

As for the actual fanbook, it would be awesome if each member can have their own page(s) and decorate it kinda like a scrapbook. We just gotta come up with the exact dimension of the page so we can fit it in like a book. I'm so excited for this and I really wouldn't mind paying the postage fee. I just love BACK-ON that much. <3
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
yes, so do i! and i hate photoshop....... its too confusing....