• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum upgrade on Sunday, 10th August 2008
MyBB 1.4 has just been released with a whole new set of functions and a lot of improvements 'under-the-hood', and our plan is to upgrade the forums this weekend (Sunday) so that everyone can benefit from the new interface! Saru-odoru

I'm still checking to see if the plugins and the template that we're using are all compatible with the new version, but everything is looking good so far with the ones I've tested. Of course, the actual transition will be a little worrying (the database size of the forums is too large for me to download and test on my local server Stress) but I'm fairly certain it will all go well.

Anyway, this means that the forums will be closed for a few hours whilst we try and upgrade the forum software. I will send an email out again later on this evening with more details, but if you can't access the forums for a while tomorrow, fear not. Another email will be sent out again once the forums are up and running, fingers crossed with the new forum software!
yea !!! A brand new forum will be aired on monday then xD, can't wait to see and use all those new functions *_* thx u Flick !
Away
I'm happy to say that the Forums have been successfully upgraded! Big Grin It was quite a smooth process (It really helps when plugin developers and theme developers keep their work up-to-date) aside from a slightly turbulent half-hour whilst I wrestled unsuccessfully with the shoutbox. It is now working (fingers crossed!) and I've decided to keep just over 600 shouts out of the 14,000 in the database, just to streamline everything, particular the database! Wink

To summarise the changes (as per email sent out), a lot of the improvements are 'under-the-hood' so they won't necessarily be obvious when you visit the Forums again, but some key changes include:
  • A more user-friendly Control Panel
  • Quick reply with Ajax so you won't have to wait for the page to reload to see your post!
  • You can now send PMs to multiple recipients (useful for a group discussion)
  • New private message notification is now 'in-line' on the page rather than as a popup
  • Search within a thread for keywords that match your criteria
  • Search terms are now highlighted when you view search results
  • A brand new moderator panel
  • New smilies

There were alot more, and the entire list can be found here: http://www.mybboard.net/features/whats-new

Hopefully everyone will enjoy the new features! Smile

p/s: A big phew too! Pon Yeah
O.O oh yay! xD
I really love how it looks! <3
looking great. I checked out the rating system and gave a few ratings (1 not entirely objective though..soz ^^). It looks more organised or something like that Big Grin like it.

EDIT: just noticed the warning level..what's that? sounds awesome...can I get 99%? or is it a bad thing( Don't wannabe a baddie though!)
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"
i definitely agree! its so organized xD

missed u guys!
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
Glad you all like it, and thanks for taking the time to feedback as well Wink

@Dean: Thanks esp for rating the threads ^^ I was wondering if anyone would find them useful, but I think it is worth keeping now that we have some gold stars ~

p/s: About the warning level, the closer you are to 0% the better, although I have to admit I feel tempted to change it to 'Fan' level Tongue
awesomeness level would be fine too ^^
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"
@Dean: I'll take a look into it Wink