• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Beijing Olympics 2008 - What are you following?
that 100 meters was cool!

well marrianne vos got the gold on the racing track (point course) today. She had the best strategy in the field and lapped the field, and went from last place to first place in 1 lap lol and won!

dutch baseball really sucks...(well ofcourse they can't win from cuba..but they made a lot of mistakes)

well there is a great deal about the olympic football tournament. I 'think that england didn't qualify cuz they don't support it. the FIFA doesn't support the olympic football either. Neither does any of the big nations...The netherlands olympic team didn't get any support either from the KNVB (the national soccor foundation of holland). They just don't see any use in it Sad
although the dutchies are out...lost from argetina.

ofcourse my hope is on the dutch hockey team ^^
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"
Like OMG... can you believe the shambles?? Great Britain, and the United States 100m sprint relay teams actually completely messed up the baton-handover?? I couldn't believe it when I saw the US peeps drop the baton, only to be followed shortly by the GB team(s) messing up the handover by running out of the area too fast.

Luckily GB still have a shot at the 4 x 400 (although there was a scare at the end Tongue) Brand new record for Jamaica's 4x100 though! Fantastic stuff - it was really exhilarating to watch! Pon Yeah

The Dutch women's hockey team did well! They've won gold! Wink I missed the match, but I heard that the goals were scored by the same person? NICE!

The newspapers have recently started to question why we (well, we... indirectly) pay footballers 5 million pounds a year, and they can't even get even do well to get into Championship matches. Whereas the double-Olympic-gold swimmer Rebecca Adlington achieved that with just 12,000 pounds - which is about the average wage in the UK. I'd have to agree it's quite disgraceful really >_<
yeah and a dutchie won the 10km swimming in open water! The netherlands screw up aswell on the 4 x100..the guy left to early and forgot the baton lol.

well we pay them so much cuz it's the biggest sport of this planet. Nothing is bigger than football...there is just 2 much money involved Sad
my man michael phelpsWahahaha
I love Back-OnWee...in a "Guy-Fan" wayWahahaha
micheal phelps I don't trust him...methinks he's a secret illigal american supersoldier born from the illigal superhuman project they started after ww2....he's inhuman!
ROFLMAO! Big Grin Go Kenji03_fan! I have to admit Londoners were feeling *really* smug about getting him to come to London (instead of being the honoured flag bearer for the USA during the closing ceremony) during the Handover celebrations on Sunday Wink He really is quite amazing!

I'm personally a huge fan of Usain Bolt. Watched the BBC interview with him, and he's just so chilled out and likeable. I'm sure Phelps is like that as well ^^ On a complete side note, apparently none of the Aussie men's swimming team won a gold? They were all won by the ladies!

How did everyone enjoy the closing ceremony? I'd love to hear feedback in particular about the London 8 minute sequence Wink Some very mixed views from the people I've asked here myself.

p/s: @ Dean - The 10k man was amazing! I read he'd recovered from leukemia, and to achieve Olympic gold after going through all that, stunning Smile