• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOO and Forums' First Birthday Preparations!
With all the news about Back-on's new song "Sands of Time" dominating the headlines (on BOO forums) and new members joining, it seems like a good opportunity to announce the preparations for the first birthday of BOO and BOO Forums! Big Grin

After much discussion amongst the staff, we've decided to pool the two birthdays into one, and have chosen April 6th to be our official birthday!

So yes, just one month (minus one day) we will be celebrating the first year of being online! Big Grin

We're going to be doing a number of things to celebrate the occasion, which I'm going to split into several parts (more details to follow for each)

Quote:Fanwork donation request! - This will form the major part of our celebrations, since the forums and site are all about the members after all! We would humbly like to ask everyone for their contribution!

We are looking for, as ookami so excellently put it: (everyone's) own little tidbits of back-on goodness So, it can be art, writing, sketches, music, singing, covers, wallpapers, just anything that you've made as a fan of Back-on. Please don't hesitate to submit your work, as they will be appreciated, since you have spent time on it!

The deadline for submissions is on-going (at the moment) but early submissions would be very welcome, as we can organise your contribution in the best possible way.

Credit to ookami for this idea!

Quote:Banner Rotation - as part of the celebrations (and for the forseeable future) we will be randomly rotating the forum banner (the large image at the top!) using member-contributed work! The idea is with thanks to Sesshy, and I really hope everyone will be kind enough to submit their work!The current banner was created for us by Sound-Ex/Nao, which I think is an fantastic example (plus our first member -contributed banner!)! So long as the banner is less than 850px in width and has a suitable height (minimum 150px) then please send them in! The minimum criteria (of course) is that it should say the forum name somewhere.

Quote:The New Dictionary - This is an on-going community project that is based on the first Dictionary thread set up by Ichiban, with contributions from lots of members. We're currently laying down the groundwork to formally archive all those entries, but contributions are still welcome! More details to come in the following weeks.

Quote:New website/forum design - A work-in-progress that requires alot of behind-the-scenes discussion. We'll have more details to follow later!

I think there were a few more things on the list that I was supposed to write about, so we'll add more content later. Nevertheless, please let us know what you think, and we will of course be plumping out the details as well in the next few days. This forum really is amazing (primarily because of the members - just look at our post count!) and I really hope everyone can join in the celebrations with us! Big Grin

Thanks!

13/03/2008: Please email all submissions to this address
submissions(AT)backon-online.com

p/s: Was humbly kick-started into action by the rest of the team.
lol. no prob flick. Big Grin

Come on guys and join in the celebrations! It'll be fun. ^___^
(\ /)
(o.o) - ...I'm gonna eat you
c(")(")
Guess who has a myspace --> Me!
Guess who has a facebook --> Me again!
I do hope everyone does! Big Grin Will be emailing people to let you all know too~~
i'm going to promote this site to my friends who are also a huge fan of back-on...so where's the birthday cake?
hatred.sorrow.kindness.perfidy.decrepit.love.death
cake?............O.o Cooking with Kenji!!!! Will Sesshy be doing another comic, in honor of the forums? *silently prays*
(\ /)
c(")(")
yeah...reveal your talents here...i would like to see your drawings sesshy!!
Ooh I certainly hope so re: sesshy! Big Grin Thanks in advance, thePeazemaker ^^

Latest update: You can now email ANY submission to this email address:
submissions(AT)backon-online.com

It would be amazing if we were able to get some sort of contribution from every member (no matter how small) --> ish getting really excited despite the fact her essay is due-in soon.

We also have a music-y thingy in the works at the moment... to be unveiled! Smile
Music-y? lol. You have such a way with words, Flick.
(\ /)
c(")(")
Crap...I didn't see this thread and I just remember it's going to be your b-day! *looking at the site*

Let's see....I can do a banner. LOL I guess I'll try to make a comic between Back-On and the site...I have a funny story in my head now. If you do need help on designing the site and forum, I can help too if you need any. Big Grin
sesshy can you please tell me the story?..okay..spoilers...