• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anime Matsuri 2008
lol aint that the truth! brittany is such a common name so when we talk about the brittany's we have to specify which one lol.

@aoi: the trick to going to a con is having motivation and doing whatever you can to make it to the con. thats what i always do and i always make it to the con. i'd even go without money. its all about the experience!! you could volunteer too. very fun experience xDD
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
hm.. i like the way you think ichi-chan (almost sounds like Icchan...) i'm 18 now so volunteering is a good idea...atleast i think there was an age restricton about the volunteering
XboxLive Gamertag: Sky King IX
[Image: FFT.jpg]
@aoi: oh thnx. the only age restrictions they have is that volunteers have to be 16 and up so im sure you're good to go. if its a good con, you're bound to meet great people. i've been to 4 cons before AM08 and you know how you usually just stick close to people you know and just sorta mingle with other people? well when you volunteer, you're forced to actually interact and work together with strangers. very great way to meet people. i have to admit, i wasn't a people person to start off with but AM was definitely a great experience. who know volunteering was so fun? one of the down sides to volunteering is that you have to be extremely patient with people, especially cranky rude people... i was lucky i didn't have to deal with those but, yeah, they're definitely there. also, lack of sleep. i suggest befriending the coffee pot or getting yourself a six pack of monster. works miracles especially when you're working graveyard shifts. ok maybe im discouraging you a bit... i should stop here. also, volunteer directors would usually work around events you would want to see so you'll be free then. and i suggest looking into the benefits of volunteering! when i volunteered for AM they provided us with food, room (though the hotel messed us up), as well as other things xD. good luck with the con! i do hope u get to go and have fun!
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
AM08 this year improved a bit? since last year, i had a blast volunteering ^ ^ im so doing it next year in 09
[Image: neji2.jpg]

[Image: Ninja-Dance.gif]
lol i already asked marc to sign me up. one thing for sure, if i do the maid cafe again, the shifts will be shorter and there'll be more maids which would be really awesome. i mean, as much fun as it is to help out ppl in a maid costume it does get hot and standing in platform shoes or heels for 6 hours straight is no picnic. so volunteering next year will be so much better Wee
we decided we're gonna volunteer (free room space to sleep) the cons about 6 months away(dood thats half a year!) so there is no way we won't be ready
XboxLive Gamertag: Sky King IX
[Image: FFT.jpg]
awesome. and thats great that you have plenty of time to save money and prepare for the con. =D i think i had about 2 months to prepare for the con and i still came there close to broke. free crash space is definitely a bonus ^^
When I go to my first anime convention, I'll definitely be taking tips and advice from you all! Big Grin Seasoned anime conventioners??? Is that the title?? ^^
ooh! how about convention veterans? i want to get a shirt that said "i survived anime matsuri 08" because that was definitely the convention i worked the hardest on. well fine, first convention i volunteered for but yeah, it was very enlightening.

oh sure flick, any convention questions i'd gladly answer them to the best of my abilities. are you planning on going to one this year?
yea same here, feel free to ask anything
[Image: neji2.jpg]

[Image: Ninja-Dance.gif]