• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE OFFICIAL BACK-ON DICTIONARY
I'll take the time to start up the official back-on dictionary. please put in ur ideas and i shall add it in Big Grin (this post will be constantly edited so put in ur definitions!)

A
Adachi Tribe-A refrence to a group or "tribe" of people from adachi involved in street life. Also a BACK-ON Mini-Album. Could possibly also be the name of certain followers of BACK-ON(male and female) not necessarily from japan or the adachi district.
Awesome- the very definition of BACK-ON and their members
Air Gear- anime that featured BACK-ON's most famous song Chain
A Day Dreaming-The 3rd single officially released by BACK-ON with BLAZE LINE. Also an Ending Theme for Eyeshield21. the Pv was shot in Houston, TX just before their Anime Matsuri Performance.
Anime Matsuri-BACK-ON's first concert in America was held in AM , April 28, 2007
A-Proud- Kenji03's big brother from GFS
B
Blaze Line- PV included shots from places the band went to while in Houston and their actual concert; song featured in eyeshield 21 (opening)
Butterfly-describes a crowded night club (from the first line)
BUTTERFLY REVIEW: Butterfly: I've never been to a club before (*feels very young*) but the intro for the song feels like it, which sets the mood of the song. When Teeda comes in with "smell of booze and bo" then the senses are pretty much spoken for. Then Teeda talks about seeing his 'butterfly' through the crowd, sorta like a hint of light in the darkness. (ookami's)
BACK-ON-the best band in the whole world (and u know it!)
Baku on- explosive sound
BACK-ON Whore-A term to describe hardcore female fans of BACK-ON(not meant derogatively)
BACK-ON Whore's Life Code-"yeah, life sucks and when bad stuff happens, i need to move on. but in those few seconds it doesn't move on, i can rant and b*tch all the hell i damn well please."
Believer-
BACK-ON Online- created by Flick and Sowon (whom we are very thankful for for creating such a useful amazing site. arigato!)
BACK-ON Online Forums- also known as BOO, little niche in cyberspace where BACK-ON fans meet, share their experience, learn more about back-on, prepare stalking trips, get togethers, and other stuff

C
Chain
CHAIN: its very upbeat. starts off with thrashing guitars then enter teeda's rap. first song i heard from back-on. teeda's rap hooks you in and kenji's vocals makes sure u stay there. overlapping chorus is unique and very fresh. gives you an insight on the band's genre. kenji's vocals makes my knees tremble... as for the songs meaning i think its about freedom and going against the flow and being yourself. (ichi's interpretation)

D
Dreamer
Dog- the animal teeda wants to be. so he can "lick you"

E
Eyeshield 21- anime that featured BACK-ON's song Blaze Line
Eyes
EYES- i absolutley love this song.
the intro is a little decietful and leads you to believe that it will be an alternative song. but then it blasts out the speakers with chords that make me personally have a feeling of falling backwards. the rap verse gives you sense of loneliness and confusion. and then the chorus explodes quietly(O_o) giving out a message of trusting only your eyes and what you believe. either way, it gives a sense of independence and rebellion. damn good job BACK-ON. (tsubame's interpretation)

F
"Fuk" or "Fukin'"- Teeda's favorite curse word in English, always typed the wrong way.
Flower-
FLOWER Review: it's a slow song, but not too slow and the entrance gives it just the right amount of sadness without making everyone emo and cutting themselves. it brings a tear to the eyes instantly and gives you a sense of that oh so painful but addictive hope that everyone clings to so desperatley. of course, teeda adds in his bit of hardcored-ness but this time it has a little remorse behind it, like this time he HAS a reason to fight his fight. and kenji of course brings his vocals to our knees once more. but i give more credit to shu for being such a great composer, they all out did themsleves this time. icchan's drumming is more than impressive this time, i give him a standing ovation. and gori, there is no words to describe. (tsubame's interpretation)
FLOWER REVIEW: I feel like the song is saying good bye, but with a smile. I think the song goes back and says "remember when we did this and this but it's time we said good bye." This mainly coming from the pv (everyone is having fun but at the end all the guys are gone) and from one of the lines in the chorus (Thank you for the honest tears). Because of that, I always have this sad smile on my face when I listen to it. (ookami's interpretation)
Forward-
Flydom-
Flick- one of BOO's creator
Fizz- Japanese all girl band who opened for BACK-ON at Anime Matsuri
fifty/50 - I was a bit surprise Teeda going all emo on this song, but I can't stop loving how it sounds. It's something very different from their other songs. The lyrics and music did match perfectly where and even though I'm not really a big fan of this kind of emo song....I did love the sound of it xD Gives you some kind of feeling. (sesshy's review)

G
Gori- BACK-ON's bass guitarist, writes lyrics, loves American hamburger, also known as the Burger King
Gaku-Ten
GFS

H
Hardcore BACK-ON fans- all BOO members
Hikari Sasuhou-

I
Icchan- BACK-ON's drummer; the youngest among all band members, Icchan replaced Macchin December of 2006; also known as the cake monster

J

K
Kenji03- BACK-ON's vocals and back up guitar; writes lyrics, Birthday: September 25th, favorite color is purple, has a nose piercing and one ear piercing
Kodou
Kenji-whores- just like Back-On whores, the title isnt meant to be derogatory; the title is reserved only for those who are die-hard kenji03 fans. includes ichiban, sesshy, and our newest member Ummm Pon Yeah (if u want to join pls pm me)

L
Linkin Park- An American Punk-Rock/Rap group most often compared to BACK-ON. though in reality, they differ greatly. Linkin Park has never written a happy song and can't write one for beans, whereas BACK-ON's variety is limitless.
LUCKY?

M
Macchin- BACK-ON's ex drummer; replaced by Icchan
Make Some Noise-
money-the thing many back-on fans seem to be lacking in.......but if we look at it in this perspective, the back-on members came from the dregs of japanese society, thus money not being their grasp. it gave them their street flavor and helped connect fan to the members. GO POOR PEOPLE!!!!!
message for kidz - aka the chicken song because of that one part sounding like a chicken is rapping xDD *ahem* I really like the beat of it and...this song is mostly in English *read lyrics* This song feels like it's something you would hear while hanging at your favorite place with friends. (sesshy's review)

N
New World
New World - one of my favourite songs because the music is seriously uplifting! Some might say that the beginning of the song is rather like Linkin' Park's Faint, but unlike Faint, listening to the song makes me feel quite empowered, perhaps because of the way the chorus tune rises up, but also because of the way the lyrics starts with Teeda saying "Who told you (you) couldn’t do it." and continues with the same message of reaching a new world (I think?) Of course, there is also the strong underlying beat that easily gets anyone hyped up. (Flick's interpretation)
Nuts Tribe

O
Over

P
PVs- Chain, New World, Flydom, Gaku-Ten, Nuts Tribe (though a full version isnt out in youtube yet), Flower, A day Dreaming, Blazeline, (did i miss anything?)

Q

R
RIZE- band that gave BACK-ON its name (Jesse in particular)
Rain

S
SoundEX- BACK-ON's street team; Naomi
Shu- BACK-ON's amazing guitarist; writes lyrics; he's really quiet but u can see the party animal in him once u see him perform on stage (unbelievable! awesome guitar riffs!)
Sk8 Junkee-A term in the song "Believer" to describe life for all the BACK-ON members at that time. It can still be used today.
So Many Tears- song written about Teeda's mom
Soul Shot
Sowon-one of BOO's creator
Spark
SPARK REVIEW: The intro is a bit...lacking at first, starting with a heavy metal/rock opera style(i hate rock opera) then it goes into a better part that gives me a vision of running through a forest at night. and the hook, "i'm inside a dream" drops excatly where those words say: inside a dream. it's almost unreal to say the least. the deep literally metallic sound of the drums deepens the emotions even more. kenji03's voice soars more dreamlike than any other song of their's i've ever heard and it creates a soothing feeling. when i first heard the ending i was a little disappointed because i thought it would just fade out, but i was surprised to hear the snare come back and stop. with this song you can see exactly how far back-on has come since their first realease. I'm iniside a dream Spark. Please keep me there. (tsubame's)
SPARK REVIEW: for some reason, while im listening to the intro i was expecting heavy guitars to follow so when it didnt i was sorta disappointed. then teeda's voice come in saying he's "inside a dream." his voice just melts in the air, how its soft and kenji's back-up vocals is enough to bring me to tears. the song alternates from being mellow (teeda's part) to a faster pace with chorus (kenji's part). the song is full of emotion and i think its somehow connected with butterfly. teeda talking about "looking for u everyday" fits the lyrics in butterfly when it said "where are you going? please! please! dont fly away from my hand." Spark is like the after song to butterfly with teeda looking for his "butterfly." i agree with tsubame that this song is proof that back-on has come a long way. this song is more mature and has deeper meaning than past works. (ichi's)
Sono Mama De
Sands of Time - I still love it xD Kenji's techno-ish voice never fails to make me go all "fangirly." I say this song did improve them! (sesshy's review)

T
Teeda- BACK-ON's amazing MC. writes lyrics, has lots of tattoos, speaks engrish,
Tribal- BACK-ON's sponsor
Tribal Star- Teeda has a tattoo of one in his arm
Tomo- BACK-ON's translator at Anime Matsuri (ha! i saw him at oni-con and freaked him out by screaming his name *it was semi-dark*)

U
Ultimate Adachi

V
Vancouver Canada- BACK-ON's second concert in North America was held in Vancouver

W
Wakita-san- BACK-ON's awesome manager (he let ichi hug teeda and kenji)
Women Appreciator- Teeda

X

Y

Z
Zero
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
I've got one for Blaze Line!
Included shots from place the band went while in Houston.
(\ /)
(o.o) - ...I'm gonna eat you
c(")(")
Guess who has a myspace --> Me!
Guess who has a facebook --> Me again!
ok i added it in. if u can think of other cute things to add or revise my def. pls do tell.
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
nice dictionary. but Gori is bass right? i guess its still a bass-guitar...

how about Rize? the band that gave them their name or to narrow it down Jesse...or maybe not
XboxLive Gamertag: Sky King IX
[Image: FFT.jpg]
thnx for spotting that aoi. i was in a rush when i posted it (the teacher wuz roaming around). i shall add rize too Big Grin
Butterfly - describes a crowded night club (from the first line)
(\ /)
c(")(")
Adachi tribe- A refrence to a group or "tribe" of people from adachi involved in street life. Also a BACK-ON Mini-Album. Could possibly also be the name of certain followers of BACK-ON(male and female) not necessarily from japan or the adachi district.

A Day Dreaming-The 3rd single officially released by BACK-ON with BLAZE LINE. Also an Ending Theme for Eyeshield21. the Pv was shot in Houston, TX just before their Anime Matsuri Performance.

Back-On Whore- A term to describe hardcore female fans of BACK-ON(not meant derogatively)

"Fuk" or "Fukin'"- Teeda's favorite curse word in English, always typed the wrong way.

Linkin Park- An American Punk-Rock/Rap group most often compared to BACK-ON. though in reality, they differ greatly. Linkin Park has never written a happy song and can't write one for beans, whereas BACK-ON's variety is limitless.

Sk8 Junkee-A term in the song "Believer" to describe life for all the BACK-ON members at that time. It can still be used today.
[Image: tsubamelove.jpg]
thank you soundex for making this for me ^_^
Gaku-Ten...
FLYDOM...
Believer...
Dreamer...
Eyes...
Forward...
Flower...
Kodou...
LUCKY?...
Make Some Noise...
Nuts Tribe...
Over...
Rain, So many Tears, Soul Shout, Spark, hikarisasuhou, sono mama de, ultimate adachi...

missed a lot of songs there xD
(i think i missed a few too, though lol)

don't forget GFS and Taneumaaaa

oh, and Tribal Gear
aren't they a sponsor? they at least left their mark on Teeda >>;
I remember Teeda has a tribal tattoo and a tribal belt buckle (he wore it in houston). That could be put up there.
(\ /)
c(")(")
yeah... the songs. i couldnt take my ipod out during class so i couldnt consult it for the song names. thnx for adding ur bit stormy! i shall add it to the dictionary Big Grin

roflmao! i love ur definition for linkin park tsubame!!! i love u!!