• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in a name (or screen name)?
I envy people who are like that. I would kill to have the commitment and imagination to update a story every week. Big Grin
[Image: backonsiggymc0.png]
my real nickname is RS^

u guys write stories 2?

well i'm busy with my storyboard..it only consists out of scenes with summary(it's for my comic/manga, each scene is about 4-5 pictures, I write down the dialogues and what is happening in short.). Currently working on the third book...already finished the story scenes for the first 2 books...it's over 400 A5 pages with front and back text...busy with it since 2003. I'm gonna make a novel of the first book...think i'll start with it in a month or 2.
Rafe Blake:"NO WAY, was that my cameo?"
Kenji:"yup"
Rafe Blake:"REALLY?"
Kenji:"Well, you "are" a minor character..unlike me"
Rafe Blake:"MINOR?"
Teeda:"That's what he said, bro. Besides at least you can "fly away"."
Kenji:"haha! good one! haha!"
Teeda:"hahaha!"
i was actually trying to make a name that had something to do with Back-on or the song Chain and it ended up being Aoi-sama. i got it from that one part "aoi sekai e" and also blue is my favorite color.

ookami Wrote:yea i wanna know aoi's name too. just to see if i can pronounce it myself. ^_^

i'm sure you guys could pronounce it with all the japanese training Smile
you'll know it once we meet up at a convention or a trip to Japan or Back-on concert Big Grin
XboxLive Gamertag: Sky King IX
[Image: FFT.jpg]
coolio! hehee i know how to say aoi's name. its ah-oh-eee. lol i love aoi from the gazette as well as our own aoi-sama Big Grin

trip to japan it is! though if u can make it to anime matsuri this march that'll be great too!
Lets go to hell, with our hands clasped, together. As we enter its fiery gates and hear the cries and shouts of the damned, we'll walk in with smiles in our faces and scorn God, for not even death can withstand our love.
Wow, real live fanfic writers on our forums! Big Grin I enjoy reading some fanfics when I think a story seems abit unfinished, although I don't read them very often, I do think it's an amazing thing to be able to write a story (and continuously update) without getting cold feet at some point! *imagines the storyboards/storylines all floating in the author's heads* - where can I get that sort of talent/imagination from?
It comes from watching/reading way too much anime/manga/tv/movies/books over a lifetime. Big Grin I can't remember what it was first, but I wrote a fic that only I was suppose to know about in a notebook. A friend kinda stole it and said I was such a good writer that she made me write another one and spread it around about my 'master creativity'. I don't think I'm that good but.......
(\ /)
(o.o) - ...I'm gonna eat you
c(")(")
Guess who has a myspace --> Me!
Guess who has a facebook --> Me again!
Hm... I used to write video game fanfics. Most particularly for Bloody Roar, which was one of my favorites. I never finished them, though. XD Every two years or so, I sign on fanfiction.net again and see that for some reason people are still commenting on my stories and asking me to update. So maybe some day I will.

As for my name... I've got a lot. I go by separate aliases depending on who addresses me. The only one who uses every name I have is my boyfriend, because he's got to remember how to identify me to various audiences.

My legal name is Cristina Love. Love as a last name is nowhere near as cool as it might seem, especially when one is "blessed" with a decidedly caustic personality. Also, I'm not really that feminine by nature nor am I Christian (Cristina is the Spanish spelling of Christina, which means, basically, Christian woman) so it didn't fit me much.

I tried shortening it to Cris when I was around twelve and under, but my best friend at the time always kind of drew it out into a hiss and it irritated me, so I told her to stop. My mother has the nauseating habit of calling me Cristi Babe, ugh, when she's feeling playful. Like an earlier poster, she says my name came to her in a dream.

Eventually, thankfully, I got a new nickname, Dex. I think it was when I was thirteen. I'm not going to say how, 'cause it's dumb, but the nickname stuck. All my really real friends call me Dex. They know me, they know my personality. Online, I sometimes expand it to Dextra, right-handed woman in Latin, so that people know I'm female. And it's accurate, as far as that goes.

This was pretty much all through my teenage years. Adults (my mother was forbidden to call me Dex, 'cause she called me Dexy) and family and those associated with family called me Cristina and friends I chose myself called me Dex or any of the many variations of that that they came up with. T-Dex, Ducks, Dekkusu, Dexatrim, Dexadrine, et cetera.

I still feel no comfort with my real name but explaining the nickname Dex to people I don't really care about became a hassle so my co-workers call me Cris. I don't think too many of them even know what exactly it's short for, heh.

Um.. as far as my handle on the forums (and a lot of other forums, mostly scanlator forums) goes... Alacrana is the feminine of alacran, which is Spanish for scorpion, a reference to my long and bitter battle with scorpions and the fact that many people compare me to them, even though my favorite animal is the otter. ;_;
Lmfao I don't know why but as soon as I read 'otter' I laughed so hard. XD

Ah, I thought 'Alacrana' was reference to Alucard (you know, Dracula backwards).

Dex? As in Dexter's Laboratory from Cartoon Network?
(\ /)
(o.o) - ...I'm gonna eat you
c(")(")
Guess who has a myspace --> Me!
Guess who has a facebook --> Me again!
ookami Wrote:Alucard (you know, Dracula backwards).
HOLY CRAP
I NEVER NOTICED THAT
O:
Engrish lol
[Image: frwedomvu8.jpg]
Yez, Dex. Although I had the nickname before Dexter's Laboratory, so that's not the super secret origin. =X